205th Street Rehabilitation Project and Ipava Avenue Intersection Improvements at Antlers Park
The City of Lakeville is proposing to rehabilitate asphalt pavement on approximately 1.68 miles of 205th Street West in 2023 from Kenrick Avenue to Ipava Avenue along with the addition of a single lane roundabout at the relocated main park access to Antlers Park. This project includes various methods of pavement rehabilitation, partial curb replacement, trail extensions along 205th Street, roundabout construction, storm sewer repairs, as well as watermain replacement and upgrades at various fire hydrants and street valves.
- Fall 2022: Preliminary engineering
- Winter 2022/2023: Final design
- February 2023: Project advertised for bidding and bid opening
- March 2023: Anticipated award of project
- June 12, 2023: Construction begins on 205th Street and Ipava Avenue
- Beginning of August 2023: Ipava Avenue roundabout opens
- September 1, 2023: 205th Street construction ends, opens to all traffic
- Early October 2023: Single day closures of Ipava Avenue roundabout for final paving and striping
Regional traffic will be detoured around the project while local traffic will have access to 205th Street via 202nd Street from the east, as well as Jacquard Avenue and Kensington Boulevard from the south. Follow detour signage or download the detour map below.
- Detour plan for residents (PDF)
- Detour map (PDF)
- On Wednesday, October 11, 2023 from 4-7 p.m., Ipava Avenue will be closed from south of 201st Street to north of 202nd Street. This will be a short-term closure to allow for pavement striping on this segment. Please follow posted detours as signed during this time period.
Mail Delivery and Trash Removal
Residents will receive mail at their current mailbox location without a need for any temporary mailboxes. Trash removal will follow all normal routes for residents. Put out your trash and recycling bins based on your scheduled pickup dates.
As part of the 205th Street Improvement Project, an asphalt trail will be extended along the north side of 205th Street from Jupiter Way (western segment of the loop) through the Juno Trailway Trailhead to 204th Street (western segment of the loop). The extension of the trail through this gap will provide more direct access from the north side of 205th Street to the Juno Trail network around west Lake Marion and better access to an existing pedestrian crosswalk at the Juno Trailway Trailhead, allowing for safer north-south pedestrian crossings on 205th Street.
The Antlers Park Master Plan includes relocation of the main park access to Ipava Avenue between 201st Street and 202nd Street. To provide a safe, efficient and multi-modal accessible access, intersection improvements are required along Ipava Avenue. The proposed improvements include construction of a single lane roundabout. The roundabout will be constructed along with the 205th Street improvements, and will be completed prior to the completion of the Antlers Park improvements in 2023.
Tuesday, April 18, 2023
City Hall Council Chambers
20195 Holyoke Avenue
The City held a neighborhood meeting and gave a short presentation for the public to learn about the project, including anticipated improvements and impacts. Download the presentation below.
- Project location map overview (PDF)
- 205th Street Improvement Project (PDF)
- 205th Street Trail Extension (PDF)
- Ipava Avenue Roundabout (PDF)
- 205th Street Watermain Replacement (PDF)
If you have any questions regarding the project, contact Lucas Ritchie, Civil Engineer, at 952-985-4504 or by email.